I wonder what advice that I would give my younger self if such a thing was possible. I also wonder if I would take that same advice now. Is it too late to take my own advice? Has the opportunity to take lessons from the things that I have learned in my life passed me by? Will I trust myself enough to take it?
Here is some of what I might say:
• Develop your own opportunities and don’t depend on others to do it for you.
• Learn other languages as soon as you can. It gets way harder as years pass.
• Invest in technology.
• Focus on your art.
• Enjoy your kids.
• Embarrass your kids for fun but not too often (that way there’s an element of surprise)
• Believe in yourself.
• Be a morning person.
• Maintain a healthy life.
• Connect with other people who do what you do.
• Work hard. Play nice.
• Don’t self-sabotage
• Don’t bother with twitter. Please follow me at @hummygoo (please, I’m begging you)